Crispy Duck with chickpeas stewed with tomatoes topped with my homemade pickled peppers
2 Duck breast
1 T kosher salt
1t ground black pepper
1 t olive oil
- You want to score the fat on the duck breast by taking a small sharp knife and making cross-hatch marks in the fat. This will help with rendering the fat evenly and good browning.
- Get your saute pan very hot and add 1 t of olive oil.
- Place the duck, fat side down.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes to render the fat and brown the duck.
- Place the pan in a 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- When the duck is done, pull out and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Then slice on the bias in thin slices.
- Serve on top of your chickpeas.
For the Chickpeas:
16 oz chickpeas
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 t cumin
1 T Kosher salt
1 t ground black pepper
1 pinch cayenne
1 t hot pepper flake
2 cloves garlic
- Toss your chickpeas with your spices.
- Get your duck fat hot and add your chickpeas and garlic.
- Saute them for 10 minutes.
- Add your diced tomatoes
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning
Pickled Pepper Recipe:
Spicy Pickled Peppers
1- cup apple cider vinegar
1- cup water
2 T red pepper flake
1 T black pepper corns
1 T coriander seeds
1-T ground cumin
1 T smoked sea salt
½ cup salt
¼ cup sugar
1 clove garlic
½ bunch Cilantro
1 Pound small sweet peppers
- Boil all ingredients besides cilantro, garlic, and peppers for 5 minutes. This is your brine.
- Pierce your peppers with a small knife.
- Pour your brine over the peppers, garlic, and cilantro.
- These are quick pickles and keep in fridge for up to 6 weeks.
To serve your dish:
Fan the duck over the chickpeas, top with sliced pickled peppers, and cilantro.
This recipe is really simple and delicious. The duck is crispy and tender and the chickpeas are spicy. The pickled peppers are sour and the cilantro adds an herbaceous touch.
If you have any questions about this recipe or anything at all email me at Chef.email@example.com