I have been very busy these past few months. Working for Dean and Deluca full-time, private events, minor blogging..
But within these last few weeks many things have happened. I wrote a few articles for Dean and Deluca for their Gourmet Food Blog, (thegourtmentfoodblog.com).. and I have reconnected with a good friend and very talented cook and we are partnering for a big event called Camp 2011. I will be trying to blog all these updates to you as well. Also!
This sunday I will be shooting my first of hopefully many more cooking shows. I’m going to create a series on youtube and a small web series on here. So this site will be getting updated much more regularly. I’m very excited about the things to come and can’t wait to share them with you!
As for today.. I am sick in bed. BUT doesn’t mean I can’t share a recipe with you.
Caramelized Onions, Peppers, and Chorizo Frittata
2 links fresh chorizo, diced small or casing removed and crumbled
1 medium sized yellow onion, sliced thinly
2 cubanelle peppers, sliced thinely
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t hot pepper flakes
1/2 t oregano
1 T Kosher salt
2 grinds freshly ground black pepper
2 T cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
- First you want to cut all your vegetables and set them aside.
- Prepare an oven safe skillet over high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and add your chorizo
- Brown your chorizo then add peppers, onions, and garlic
- Cook all items until browned and soft
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, cream, and seasonings
- Pour over the hot chorizo and vegetables, make sure its evenly distributed
- Add cheese to the top evenly, then place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and egg is fully cooked.
- Serve hot from the oven and enjoy.