Since I have been sick for the last week, I have been cooking all 3 meals everyday. I made this chicken last night, and it was so flavorful and delicious; I had to share. Simple preparation and simple flavors make way for a spectacular meal.
Greek Chicken – Serves 2
4 Chicken thighs
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 T olive oil
1 T dried oregano
1/2 t hot chili flake
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T kosher salt
1/8 t ground black pepper
- Mix together your marinade, place your thighs in the marinade and rub the flavorings into them.
- Let sit for 15 minutes in marinade, place into a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes
- The chicken will be moist and the skin with crispy and delicious.
1 cup orzo
1 handful spinach leaves, chiffonade
1/2 english cucumber, diced
1 roma tomato, diced
1 lemon, juiced
1 T olive oil
2 oz goat cheese
1/2 cup Green Sauce
[Green Sauce: I like to keep this sauce on hand to use for many different dishes]
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
4 cloves garlic
1 white onion
2 limes or lemons juiced
1.5 T kosher salt
1/8 t black pepper
- Place everything in the blender, blend smooth. Add water if needed to thin out to puree smooth.
- Boil your orzo, once cooked through, rinse under cold water. Hold in a bowl.
- Add your diced vegetables, green sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Break your goat cheese into small chunks, mix in gently to keep integrity.
1 can chickpeas
dash hot pepper flake
1 t kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a saute pan, add the chicken drippings.
- Heat for several minutes until extremely hot.
- Add chickpeas and fry in fat until golden brown.
This meal is effortless, affordable, and delicious.
Try it out!