I’ve always felt blessed to have a mother that was more than just a parent, she’s my best friend.
This mother’s day I wanted more than ever to make her feel special, and what is a better way to do that then make my mother her own brunch!
Brunch for Mama
Fresh Pineapple or Orange Mimosas
Turkey Bacon, Breakfast Sausage, Fresh Fruit
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
Leek, Asparagus, Mushroom Frittata with Boursin and Parmesan Cheese
All in all it was a delightful afternoon, surrounded by family and delicious food.
Best Breakfast Potatoes (Homefries)
5# Red skin potatoes, washed and diced
1 large vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1 T spanish smoked paprika
1 t granulated garlic
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t cayenne powder
2 T olive oil
2 T butter
- The easiest way to make these delish breakfast potatoes is to boil the onion and potatoes until almost tender.
- Drain the potatoes and onion. Get a very large skillet extremely hot, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil starts to just smoke add the butter, and immediately follow with the potatoes.
- Make an even layer and let it sit to make a crust. Every few minutes toss the potatoes to evenly crisp all of them.
- Add the seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Keep cooking until the potatoes are crispy and tender.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and serve.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing ladies out there!
Sean Patrick Gallagher