Today at a client’s farm house in Connecticut, I made a blueberry pie with freshly picked berries. It was so delicious, I had to share the recipe with you.
2 1/2 cups AP Flour
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks, cold cubed butter
2-3 T iced water
2 quarts of cleaned and stemmed blueberries
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1-1.5 cups granulated sugar (depending on how tart the berries are)
2 T AP flour
2 T butter
- To make your crust add all your dry ingredients to a food processor. Pulse in cold butter until resembles “wet sand.” Add in iced water one tablespoon at a time, pulsing until dough forms. Work into a ball, and separate into two separate portions. Place inside parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled through.
- For filling, mix together all ingredients. Set a side.
- Remove one pie dough ball, on a lightly floured surface, roll thin.
- Place into pie dish, crimp the top to form crust, place either parchment or foil and fill with pie weights (or dried beans 🙂 and blind bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take the second dough ball and roll thin, either cut in strips to make lattice top or leave whole to make a top crust.
- After 15 minutes remove pie, and take out weights.
- Add in filling, place pats of butter on top.
- If lattice top, lay strips of dough in rows and loop over and under to make lattice, if just a whole top crust, lay the crust over.
- Brush all dough with egg wash, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Until golden brown and bubbly. If crust starts to get too dark, cover with foil.
- Cool the pie for 4+ hours to be able to cut slices properly.
Such a delicious pie! Happy to share!
Email me if you have questions! @ Chef.firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef Sean Gallagher