Hello all! I wanted to share a product I have come to love, “Sweet Sunshine Sauces.”
“Sweet Sunshine” is an award winning line of gourmet sauces. They have six flavors that are all natural, vegan, gluten, preservative, extract, and fat free. They work as condiments, glazes, or as a delicious finishing sauce.”
An ancho chile based sauce, this is the most mild of them all. It’s great as a dipping sauce or used as a marinade.
Habanero and Cayenne based sauce, it has a great smokiness and chile flavor.
Roasted Shallot & Garlic
My favorite of the line, it’s the same as the “Warm” sauce but blended with caramelized shallots and garlic. It’s has the richest flavor, in my opinion.
This sauce is hot and has so much going on. Jerk seasoning from St. Ann, Jamaica, W.I. as well as scotch bonnet peppers and scallions. It’s a very flavorful sauce. I used it as a marinade for chicken thighs along with honey for added sweetness and it was delicious. So hot it made me sweat.
A blend of ancho and Red Savina Habanero chilies. This sauces is FIERY. Perfect for the person in your life that likes the burn!
This sauce is crazy hot as it’s name might lead you to believe. A few drops on top of braised meats or on Tex-mex food is all you need to ignite your mouth. Too intense to cook with in my opinion, this one is for the real pepper-heads out there.
I chose my favorite sauce to make a recipe with. I loved the flavor of the Roasted Shallot & Garlic sauce so I developed this lean- healthy meatloaf recipe. The granny smith apple and currants add sweetness while the pine nuts give some needed fat and flavor. The Sweet Sunshine “Roasted Shallot & Garlic” Sauce shines in this dish and comes through with a great spice level. This meatloaf would be perfect over a bed of fresh lettuces or with some cauliflower couscous or sweet potato puree.
Roasted Shallot & Garlic Turkey Meatloaf
1.5 pounds ground turkey breast (You can also use ground turkey thigh, for more richness)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 white onion, minced
1 granny smith apple, small dice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup currants
2 T finely ground almond meal
1 large egg, beaten
3 T Ketchup, divided
1/2 cup Sweet Sunshine Roasted Shallot & Garlic Sauce, divided
1/2 t kosher salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
- In a skillet, cook onions until caramelized, add garlic, thyme, and apples.
- Continue to cook until the apples have begun to caramelize. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Stir in toasted pine nuts and currants.
- In a bowl mix together egg, 1/2 of the Sweet Sunshine Roasted Shallot & Garlic Sauce, 2 T ketchup, salt & pepper, and almond meal.
- Mix turkey meat into sauce mixture, when combined add sauteed apple mixture.
- In bottom of a loaf pan, add the remaining Sweet Sunshine Roasted Shallot & Garlic Sauce and the remaining ketchup, mix to combine.
- Pack the meatloaf mix on top of the sauce, pat to make sure there’s no air pocket.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes. Insert a knife to make sure that the loaf is cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and invert. The sauce will be caramelized on top.
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the meatloaf to redistribute its juices and then you can slice to eat.
For more information about Sweet Sunshine and ordering info:
Telephone: (860) 567-3529
One 10oz bottle runs for $6.99. It really is a great product and different kind of condiment for sandwiches, wraps, marinades for different proteins, dips, and burgers. You should definitely check it out, because it is #ChefApproved.
Chef Sean Patrick Gallagher